Covid – 19 Corona Virus Dx Symptoms, Parthenogenesis, Treatment, Family Corona viridae, SS RNA Genome.
#Ranges form: Common cold to middle cast resp syndrome severe acute.
#Zoonotic Disease: esp from civet cars, camels, bats
#Incubation period: 2 – 12 days (Avg 5th day)
#Clinical features: Range from no symptoms (asymptomatic) to severe pneumonia and death.
Symptoms in Decreasing order if prevalenu: –
- Dry cough
- Sputum production
- Shortness of Breath
- Myalgia on Arthralgia (Avg. of 5 to 6 Symptoms)
- Sore Throat
- Nausea & Vomiting
- Nasal Congestion
- Conjunctival Congestion
– Unique feature it causes both upper react infections and low resp.
- Virus attaches to specific cellwar receptors via the spike protein.
Transformational change, leading to fusion between the viral and cell membrane.
Release of nucleocapsid into the cell. (Transcription 4 Translation)
Alteration of DNA and production of proteins and certain specific enzymes.
Alteration of cell function and production.
Release of excess cytokines and chemokines acute phase reactants. (IL-1B, IL-6,IL-7, IL-8, IL-9, IL-10, TNFX, ESR, CPR, Procalcitonin)
– Cause of death due to complications / effects caused by “Cytokine storm syndrome“
- Severe acute respiratory distress syndrome (SARS)
Fulminant Myocarditis (cardiac affinity)
#Who are affected the most/ population at more risk: –
Immuno compromised individuals
Chronic disorders: –
- Bronchial Asthma
- Cardiovascular Patients disorder
– Old age people, Malignancy
- Droplet infection (cough, sneeze) – Surfaces (Tables, Desks etc)
#Screening / Laboratory Analysis
- WBC count may vary Leukopenia/ Leukocytosis more common (<4000/mm3>
– sed Lymphocyte count Lymphopenia (Most common finding)
– sed LDH levels (Due to affinity of cytokines for cardiac tissue, hepatic tissue)
– sed Ferritin Level (Early finding)
– sed AST, ALT (Aminotransferases)
– ESR, D-Discs, Procalcitonin
# Virus confirmed by RT PCR Technique
# Culture – not done for precaution purposes.
- CT- Chest, – Ground Glass opacification w/wo consolidation
B/L peripheral involvement esp lower lobe
– Can be found even before onset of symptoms but not specific for COVID -19
– Nothing has been postulate officially
– Hospitalization only for severe cases
- Maintain Airway, breathing, Circulation
Ventilation if Required ( if PO2 <55%)
Isolation (To prevent spread)
Correction of electrolyte imbalance
- Due to potential for prolonging viral replication
Drugs Such as: –
Toclizumab (IL – 6 Blockade)
Anakinra (IL – 1 Blockade)
Against effects of cytokine storm.
- Remesivir (in spotlight these days for its effect shown)
Lopinavir / Ritonavir (HIV Tt) # Anti – Virals, # Anti HIV drugs ] Also used
- Anti Malarial also showed results
- Hydrony Chlorquine (Less coric derivative of chloroquine phosphate)
THERE IS NO CERTAIN SPECIAL TREATMENT PROTOCOL PUBLISHED BY WHO.